As wonderful as listening to music can be, I believe it’s even more enjoyable to create it yourself.
I welcome all students interested in the classical guitar, especially adult beginners. I believe the purpose of a lesson isn’t just sharing information and teaching skills, but helping each student develop and play in their own way. For me, this is best done by creating a patient, supportive environment that focuses on personalized learning and the joy of making music.
Since many have never heard the beautiful sound and expressiveness of the classical guitar, I’m always excited to introduce it to someone new. Classes are given online via Zoom at the exceptional price of $30 per hour.
I enjoy sharing what I've discovered in over 40 years of playing and teaching the classical guitar. I invite you to schedule a lesson and see firsthand how you can benefit from my experience.
What you'll receive:
- Free introductory meeting via Zoom to discuss your musical interests, my teaching style and what we'll cover in lessons
- One hour private online lessons via Zoom
- Instruction from a patient, dedicated teacher with over 40 years of experience
- An extremely affordable price ($30) for private, personalized classes
- A follow-up between lessons by submitting an audio or video recording
- Weekly or flexible scheduling - Flexible scheduling not recommended for beginners
Advantages of online lessons:
- Eliminate the stress, time and cost of commuting
- Enjoy the lesson in the comfort of your own space
- Allows a closer view of our hands to guide the learning process
- Not impacted by road conditions, traveling or a move to another city
- Allows you to tune and warmup before class to maximize our lesson time
Benefits of playing classical guitar:
- It's enjoyable and engaging
- You'll learn the fundamentals, discovering firsthand the elements of music
- With practice anyone can learn, no matter what age or previous training
- It has a beautiful sound, both warm and expressive
- It combines melody and chords to produce music that's rewarding to play alone or with others
- Playing an instrument engages almost every area of the brain at once and can produce gains in cognitive functions